Thermostats are devices that sense the temperature range of a particular system such that the temperature of a system is maintained at a desired set point. Thermostats are used in different systems including HVAC, heating, central heating, water heating, and air conditioners. It operates in a closed loop device that aims to reduce the error between the desired as well as measured temperature.
What Is a Smart Home Thermostat?
A smart home thermostat is an automated device that allows you to use your home’s heating or air conditioning system with just a few flicks of the finger. As their name implies, smart thermostats are connected to the internet so that users can adjust the settings using internet-connected devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones. This ability to remotely control the settings of your HVAC makes it very convenient and innovative. Aside from ease of control, smart home thermostats also record parameters like temperature, filter status, and so much more so that you can be notified if an anomaly arises.
The Benefits of Using a Smart Home Thermostat
Installing smart thermostats provide a lot of benefits. Perhaps the best advantage of getting a smart thermostat is that it can learn your schedule as well as your preferences; thus, making it very easy for the device to adjust the temperature setting to your preference. The thing is that it observes your habits and preferences, so it does the programming for you!
You can simply set the thermostat to the right setting so that your house is warm and toasty the moment you step inside. Another advantage of having a smart thermostat is that you can get e-mail alerts if ever the temperature in your house is falling or rising outside the pre-set range. This will allow you to make the necessary troubleshooting step to fix your system.
Lastly, smart thermostats may be expensive to install but they can help you save money on your energy bills over time as it allows you to track your energy usage and make the right adjustments. Smart thermostats are very intuitive devices, so they can automate your heating system on demand.
Trendy Smart Thermostats for Your Home
Updating the thermostat in your home is a great way to improve the quality of living in your house. If you are planning to install a smart home thermostat, it is crucial that you learn what the top thermostats are that can improve your house’s automation. Below are the popular smart home thermostats currently in vogue for 2018.
- Carrier Comfort Series: This type of smart thermostat by Carrier keeps precise control of the temperature settings inside your house. It has a programmable feature that allows you to control using any smart device. It also comes with an air cleaner, ventilator, and humidifier that enhances the quality of air distributed within the house. This thermostat comes with different types of devices aside from air conditioner. It can also be used to control the gas furnace, evaporator coil, ventilator, humidifier, air cleaner, and UV lamp. It can also set different temperature of up to 8 different areas in the house for customized comfort.
- Infinity Touch Control: The Infinity Touch Control by Carrier puts enhanced comfort as well as energy savings as its primal focus. It comes with an intuitive touchscreen operation for ease of use. The selling point of this particular thermostat is its ability to customize comfort. You can set different controls for customized zones in your house. Moreover, the ability to create a customizable name for each zone in your house makes it very easy to monitor the different comfort levels in different rooms of your home. You can also benefit from the seven-day programmability so that you can forget about setting the thermostat and still set the perfect temperature for your home.
- Carrier Cor: The Carrier Cor series takes a unique approach compared to standard WiFi thermostats. Cor can provide ideal heat and air conditions due to its intelligent nature. Capable of using local weather patterns to change the conditions in your home, Cor opens the gateway to more comfortable living and potential energy savings. Though Cor is smart, you’ll always be smarter. That’s why Cor sends updates to your iPhone or Android device. Cor will keep you updated wherever you are, and should you feel the need to change the thermostat settings on the go, Cor makes it easy. You can access Cor directly from the app to make changes as long as you have an internet connection.
- Wi-Fi Thermostat: The Wi-Fi Thermostat by Carrier offers convenience, efficiency, and simplicity. Setting up and operating this thermostat is very easy to use. It comes with attractive backlighting, buttons, as well as intuitive prompts. This particular thermostat can monitor the energy use of your home, weather forecast, and comfort preferences so that it can make the necessary changes to manage your home’s temperature. Moreover, it sends you regular report regarding your energy use in a secured web portal.
- Carrier Performance Series: This low-profile thermostat provides the comfort as well as the control that your family deserves. It comes with a large and well-illuminated LCD display that makes it easier to monitor the indoor and outdoor temperature of your home. You also get the necessary reminders if you need to replace your filters, humidifier pad, or UV lamps. You can also program it from a computer using a digital memory card so that you can have access of it as long as there is internet nearby.
What to Look for When Buying A Smart Home Thermostat
Smart thermostats take energy savings to a whole new level. When buying smart thermostats, it is essential that you consider the learning ability of your thermostat. This allows you to set your temperature only a few times and the thermostat will do it for you afterward. A learning thermostat reads and observes your preferences so that it can make a quick decision by itself.
Another thing that you need to consider is the track business of a particular smart thermostat brand. Choose a brand that has been around for a long time. You can opt for Carrier, Honeywell, EcoBee or Nest. Lastly, it is also crucial to make sure that your thermostat is capable of whatever system you are using. It is also important that you look into the possibility of connecting your smart thermostat to other devices in case you may want to expand in the future.
Installing thermostats are very important in controlling the microclimate of your home. If you need help deciding which Wi-Fi remote control thermostat to install in your house, be sure to seek the right people. Presidential Heat and Air can help answer all your concerns on thermostats.