Have you ever noticed a musty smell from your HVAC system or experienced less airflow from the vents than usual? Adding UV lighting to your HVAC system can help with both problems. UV lighting kills the bacteria, germs, and other pollutants circulating through your air ducts, causing those odors and blocking your airflow.
According to Presidential Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., in Gaithersburg, MD, “UV lighting is an excellent choice for those looking to make their homes or businesses healthier and more efficient.”
Homeowners and business owners can enjoy many benefits by installing UV lights. Let’s investigate how this feature can transform your environment today.
What is UV Disinfection Lighting?
UV lighting for air quality is a safe and effective way to improve your indoor environment. UV lights help reduce mold, bacteria, and airborne viruses. This light operates on ultraviolet wavelengths that are invisible to the human eye but deadly to microbes. The technology has been proven to reduce the spread of dangerous airborne germs and particles.
Not only does UV lighting help break down microscopic toxins, but it also sanitizes surfaces to create a safer living space. By sterilizing the air entering your HVAC system, you are eliminating contaminants from flowing into your living and working spaces.
How Does UV Lighting Work?
UV lighting uses ultraviolet light waves to break down viruses and bacteria in the air, rendering them harmless. When installed inside an HVAC system, UV lights are placed near the coils and filters so that air passes through them as it cycles through the system. The light penetrates the cells of harmful microorganisms, disrupting their DNA structure and destroying them before they can be released back into your air supply.
The Benefits of Installing UV Lighting in Your HVAC System
Installing UV lighting in your HVAC system offers a variety of benefits. The most important benefits include the following:
- UV lighting improves indoor air quality by reducing mold spores and dust mites that can aggravate allergies and asthma symptoms.
- UV lighting helps eliminate germs like bacteria and viruses that could make you or your family sick.
- UV lights eliminate foul odors from pet dander, smoke, and cooking that can linger in your home.
- UV lights reduce wear and tear that would otherwise occur on components of your HVAC system, like blowers, compressors, fans, and heating coils, by reducing the number of airborne pathogens that can cause buildup on parts and cause corrosion. UV lights help extend the life of your system and reduce costly repairs.
- Installing UV lighting in your HVAC system eliminates the need for harsh chemicals because it uses germicidal ultraviolet light to purify the air without using additional chemical agents or cleaning solutions.
- UV lighting may help you save money on energy costs since it helps keep your heating and cooling systems running more efficiently due to improved airflow throughout your home or business.
Don’t Forget a Quality Filter
While UV lighting is undoubtedly beneficial, it should not be used as a substitute for a high-quality air filter. Instead, UV lighting is an extra layer of protection coupled with the filter.
Air filters do a great job capturing and removing potential microorganisms and pollutants before they are ever distributed into your home. The UV lights help keep what passes through your air filters cleaner by killing airborne bacteria, fungi, mold spores, and other microorganisms that could otherwise cause illness or discomfort when inhaled over time. By incorporating UV light as a supplement to your air filters, you’ll maximize the air quality throughout your home or office.
If you’re looking to improve indoor air quality, installing UV lighting in your HVAC system is a great option. From removing allergens like mold spores and pet dander to eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses from entering your dwelling space to ending the need for harsh cleaning solutions, UV lighting is an efficient and cost-effective solution.
For affordable, quality UV light installation for your HVAC systems in Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, and the Washington D.C. area, contact Presidential Heating & Air Conditioning today!