Presidential Heating & Air Conditioning
Gaithersburg HVAC Contractors
ShareShare on Facebook
0ShareShare on LinkedIn0 shares on LinkedIn
Keeping your heating and cooling systems in good working order means your utility bills will be lower, your home will be more comfortable, and you’ll need to call for repairs less often. Here are the top ways to lower your utility bills with maintenance at home:
Schedule Professional HVAC Maintenance
Schedule an HVAC maintenance service call before the heating season starts. If there are any problems with your system, it’s better to find out before it’s freezing outside! Do the same for your cooling system before the sweltering season begins. Our maintenance customers always receive priority service during peak heating and cooling seasons.
Replace Your HVAC Filters
Replace your heating and cooling air filters every month that they’re in use. Operating your system with old, dirty filters means energy is wasted and your system may even be damaged. While you’re at it, check and clean the filters in your home’s air cleaners and humidifiers.
Perform HVAC System Checks To Lower Utility Bills
If you have a forced-air heating system check your furnace’s blower compartment and blower coils. Vacuum them if you see dirt and dust there. You should also check fan belt tension, and lubricate fan and motor bearings.
- If you have a steam system, check the shut-off valve for leaks.
- Bleed hot water system radiators at least once a year.
- Don’t keep clutter near your furnace. It’s a fire hazard, and may keep your system from operating efficiently.
- To make sure you’re getting the most out of your heating system, keep the heating registers and vents throughout the house free of dust, dirt, and pet hair by vacuuming them at least once a year.
- Listen for odd sounds when your heating or cooling system kicks in. If you hear anything unusual, get in touch with your service professional so you can head off problems before they become serious.
- In the winter months, set your ceiling fan at its slowest speed and reverse it in order to gently push warm air down from the ceiling without generating a breeze.
Contact Presidential Heating And Air Conditioning For More Information
For more at-home HVAC maintenance tips to help lower your utility bills or for more information about AC and heating services, call us at (301) 719-3315 or contact us online today.