Aprilaire® Model Whole House Dehumidifiers
These whole house dehumidifiers are low maintenance humidifiers designed for homes up to 5,200 sq. ft., and larger basements. It can dehumidify up to 11.9 gallons (95 pints) of water per day. The control panel can be mounted to the top or side of the unit for easy access. Manufactured in the U.S., Aprilaire® dehumidifiers are built to last. Aprilaire® continually improves upon the quality of its dehumidifiers with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, and quality manufacturing processes to prevent leaks.
Aprilaire® Dehumidifiers protect your furnishings, electronics and musical instruments from warpage, mildew, and rot by reducing excessive humidity in the home. They protect you and your family by reducing the growth of allergens like mold and mildew and dust mites.
How It Works
The Aprilaire® dehumidifiers control the humidity level in your entire home. Once per hour the dehumidifier will measure the humidity level of the air and compare it to the humidity setting you selected. If the humidity in your home is higher than the setting, the dehumidifier will dehumidify the air until the humidity level drops below the setting.
The powerful blower inside the dehumidifier draws air into the cabinet, filters the air and removes moisture, then discharges the dry air into the HVAC system or dedicated area of the home. Inside the cabinet, a sealed refrigeration system removes moisture by moving the air through a series of tubes and fins that are kept colder than the dew point of the incoming air. The dew point is the temperature at which moisture in the air will condense, much like what occurs on the outside of a cold glass on a hot summer day. The condensed moisture drips into the dehumidifier drain pan to a drain tube routed to the nearest floor drain or condensate pump. After the moisture is removed, the air moves through a second coil where it is reheated before being sent back into the home. The air leaving the dehumidifier will be warmer and drier than the air entering the dehumidifier.
1830 vs.1850 Aprilaire® Whole House Dehumidifier Comparisons
|Performance||1830 Dehumidifier||1850 Dehumidifier|
|Pints per day of moisture removal||70||95|
- BUILT TO LAST with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, Aprilaire® Dehumidifiers are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire®, the leader in indoor air quality solutions.
- REDUCES & CONTROLS BASEMENT HUMIDITY to help prevent damp carpeting and furnishings, mold, mildew, and odors.
- HELPS PREVENT MOLD, TERMITES, STRUCTURAL WOOD ROT, AND ODORS in a sealed crawl space.
- REMOVES UP TO 11.9 GALLONS (95 pints) of water per day.
- NO MESSY WATER TRAY TO EMPTY and simple to set up – just place a hose or place dehumidifier over a drain, level it, plug it in, set the target humidity, and you’re done.
- SET IT AND FORGET IT control automatically starts dehumidification when humidity above target is sensed.
- EASY TO CLEAN FILTER needs rinsing or replacing once a year.
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY.