Aprilaire® 800 Whole House Steam Humidifier
Aprilaire® humidifiers are built to remedy your home’s dry air needs by adding just the right amount of moisture. With easy-to-use digital controls, you can set the correct relative humidity from your home and forget it.
Keeping your home’s humidity in the optimal range is important for maintaining proper indoor air quality. Dry air lowers your body’s immune response, cracks your home’s wood furnishings, and dries out your skin, eyes, and nose.
During winter months, properly humidified air can reduce the transmission of viruses like the flu by up to 30%, in addition to reducing asthma flares, and helping your sleep better.
How It Works
Aprilaire® Model 800 steam humidifier uses electrode technology. An electrical current flows between submerged electrodes. The resistance of the water to these electric currents heats the water. The submerged electrodes are found in a replaceable canister. At the end of a humidifier season, the canister – including the electrodes, is replaced. No cleaning, no scrubbing, simply replace the canister and you’re ready for the next humidifier season. Electrode technology requires impurities in the water to promote the transfer of electricity. For this reason, water filtration is not required with electrode technology, minimizing the complexity of the installation and on-going operating costs.
The Aprilaire® Model 800 Steam Humidifier delivers humidity in the form of steam to the conditioned space via the HVAC system duct or optional Aprilaire® Model 850 Fan Pack. The humidifier generates steam by energizing two electrodes that extend into a canister of water. Current flowing between the electrodes causes the water to boil, creating steam. Water is introduced to the humidifier through a fill valve to a fill cup located in the top of the cabinet. The fill cup serves as an overflow reservoir and provides an air gap between the humidifier and water source. The steam canister is filled from the bottom. The canister is seated in a drain cup assembly which includes a drain valve. The drain and fill valves work together to maintain water level in the canister to deliver the rated steam capacity based on the electrical conductivity of the water and to temper drain water.
Steam is delivered into the airstream through a dispersion tube mounted in the HVAC system ductwork. Openings in the dispersion tube are fitted with “tubelets” which extend into the center of the tube. The design of the dispersion tube and tubelets distribute steam over a wide area in the duct and direct any condensed moisture back into the steam hose.
- FULL COVERAGE up to 6,200 square feet in tightly built homes. Choose from 6 levels of output adding 11.5 to 34.6 gallons of moisture into the air per day based on voltage and installation.
- IDEAL FOR homes in arid, desert climates.
- PURIFIED WATER NOT REQUIRED Electrode technology requires impurities in the water to promote the transfer of electricity. Water filtration is not recommended – minimizing installation complexity and operating costs.
- NO WHITE FILM OR DUST is left behind for you to clean up like other steam humidifiers. Aprilaire® humidifier just provide clean, humidified air.
- DUAL SENSOR 24/7 AUTO MODE continually monitors and responds to both outdoor temperature and indoor relative humidity to deliver optimum humidity throughout the home – simply set it and forget it.
- CONVENIENT DIGITAL CONTROL shows percent humidity, lights indicate humidifier is running and when service is needed, and Blower Activation switch sets humidifier to run continually, or only when the furnace runs.
- HUMIDITY FOR HEALTH Aprilaire® Humidifiers can help you maintain optimal humidity in your home of 30% – 60% which has been shown to reduce the incidence of respiratory infections and symptoms related to allergies and asthma by minimizing the formation of bacteria and viruses, fungi, and dust mites. In addition, you’ll feel more comfortable while also preserving items in your home susceptible to damage from changing humidity or dry conditions.