As a Gaithersburg, MD, homeowner, maximizing comfort and energy savings is a top priority, especially during extreme weather conditions. One way to achieve maximum comfort without increasing energy costs is by installing a smart thermostat in your home. Not only do they make your home comfortable, but they also help with saving energy. But how much money can you save?
As shared by HVAC company Presidential Heating & Air Conditioning in Gaithersburg, MD, data collected by the Environmental Protection Agency showed that “Through smart programming and responsiveness, smart thermostats can reduce your household heating expenses by 10 percent or more.”
Continue reading as we discuss the benefits of using a smart thermostat in your home, how they work, the types and features of smart thermostats available in the market, and how to choose the best one for your Gaithersburg home.
Benefits Of Using A Smart Thermostat In Your Home
One of the most beneficial smart devices on the market today is the smart thermostat, also known as a WiFi thermostat. They have the ability to regulate your home’s temperature based on feedback it receives from your home’s occupants, sensors, and temperatures. The addition of a smart thermostat makes a great energy-efficient home improvement.
While smart thermostats are more expensive than traditional thermostats, their benefits can outweigh the additional costs.
- Energy Savings: Smart thermostats can be programmed to adjust your home’s temperature according to your routine and the outside temperature. This means your HVAC system will be based on your preferences and can help you reduce energy usage.
- Monitor Energy Usage: Smart thermostats allow you to track your energy usage. You can monitor how much your energy usage has changed over time, allowing you to identify ways in which to reduce it.
- Convenience: You can control your home’s temperature using a mobile app from anywhere in the world. If you’re returning early from work, you can adjust the temperature remotely to be comfortable when you arrive home. Your smart thermostat can be set to send alerts if your home has fallen below or risen above your ideal temperatures.
- Improve Comfort: You’ll always have the optimal home environment due to your smart thermostat’s ability to adjust your home’s temperature based on your family’s patterns. Over time smart thermostats learn your preferences and adjust the temperature accordingly.
How Smart Thermostats Work
Just like traditional thermostats, smart thermostats are hardwired but also use WiFi to allow them to adjust settings remotely. They use advanced algorithms and sensors to adjust your home’s temperature based on usage patterns and weather conditions.
Smart thermostats offer a range of convenient features, such as voice control, mobile app control, and energy monitoring. They are also compatible with other smart devices in your home, such as smart lights and smart appliances.
Types Of Smart Thermostats
The market has a variety of smart thermostats to choose from, and the main differences are the features and compatibility with your HVAC system. Here are two manufacturers of smart thermostats Presidential prefers:
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat: There are a few models of the Ecobee Smart Thermostat. The SmartThermostat with voice control comes with Siri and Alexa built-in for hands-free control, is Energy StarⓇ certified, can be controlled from anywhere with either an IOS or Android device, and includes a SmartSensor to extend the comfort to your most important rooms. Ecobee touts an annual energy savings of 26%.
- Honeywell Home WiFi Smart Thermostat: Also Energy StarⓇ certified, Honeywell’s smart thermostats use occupancy, humidity, and temperature to regulate the indoor climate. The 200-foot range of their remote sensors allows detection in other rooms. NBC News chose Honeywell’s Home T9 Thermostat as the Best Smart Thermostat of 2022.
What To Look For In A Smart Thermostat
There are several factors to consider when choosing a smart thermostat. First, consider the compatibility with your HVAC system; not all thermostats work with all systems.
Second, consider the features included with each thermostat. Some offer additional sensors to detect humidity, occupancy, or air quality. Others allow you to integrate with other smart home devices.
Finally, consider the price point and whether it will provide the energy savings you need to justify the investment.
How To Choose The Right Smart Thermostat For Your Gaithersburg Home
With all the fancy features and sleek designs of smart thermostats, it can be hard to decide which suits your home. This is where your experienced HVAC company comes in. By consulting with a professional, you will get expert advice on which smart thermostat installation will work best with your existing HVAC system, your personal preferences, and your wallet.
They will consider factors like the size of your home, your energy usage habits, and your budget to recommend the perfect thermostat for you. Plus, with their installation services, you can rest assured that your smart thermostat will be installed properly and fully set up to optimize energy efficiency.
Don’t waste time and money trying to navigate the world of smart thermostats on your own. Contact a professional HVAC company in Gaithersburg, MD, like Presidential Heating & Air Conditioning, for guidance in making the best choice for your home.
Smart thermostats provide significant advantages to homeowners. Not only do they increase comfort levels by continuously learning your preferences and adjusting the temperature accordingly, but they can also save energy and lower energy bills. With the range of features and compatibility with other smart devices, they can be customized to your specific needs. If you’re a homeowner in the Gaithersburg area looking to maximize your home comfort and energy savings, a smart thermostat might be your solution.